Paper airplane

In the wee hours of the morning, I opened my eyes and recall a very vivid dream.
I made a paper airplane that was so perfect, it glided on the breeze all the way to the edge of the Pacific ocean!
In my dream, I was with a bunch of other kids, we had just eaten some pineapple(huh? dessert last night?), and we were all running around, maybe in an endless golden wheat field (LePetitPrince/Catcher reference?). And somehow, I folded up a small scrap of Origami paper into a tiny paper airplane, and tossed it forward. It was so light and airy that it was caught by the wind and rode on the breeze, up and down, spiraling and dipping, all the way out to the edge of the azure ocean....
I know, I know, I am a true romantic at heart, but still an engineer in my mind! After I woke up, I spent a very brief moment to try to think in a logical way what are the criterias needed for it to happen in the more realistic world:
- the paper has to be very light yet strong, so a light wind can carry it far.
- and it has to be of some sort of plastic or water resistent material, otherwise it might get dampened and lose its shape when it hits the fog/cloud
- the folds has to be crisp, and in perfect symmetry to allow for a straight line of travel and even balance
- of course, somehow the design has to WORK!! 10airplanes.com teachs you how to fold them in various styles!
==> there, my useless 0.02 cents of the day.. =)





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home