Monday, September 03, 2007

BAD - Quechup

DO NOT join Quechup and DELETE their invitations!

As the Worst and most EMBARRASSING thing happened to me last weekend.


I accepted an invitation from a friend to join Quechup, another social network. And when it asked if I want to see if any other of my Gmail contacts are already on the network, which is not an unusual thing to do by social networks, I fell for it.

Little did I know, Quechup went ahead and sent out multiple invitations in MY NAME to my ENTIRE Gmail contact list. Gmail has the habit of making every email address a contact. So all of a sudden, it appeared that I am inviting people I've never even met before. Not to mention estranged friends/Ex-es!!!

I scramble and sent out apology letters to everyone who wrote back to me, and I searched around on the Internet and found these other WARNINGs against Quechup!


and this entry, and this angry victim, and another post on this bad Labour day weekend spam, add to that list another victim! -- ME!!!!
I am going to DELETE my acct now, and if you ever receive a Quechup inviation, no matter who it is from, DELETE it! Their questionable ethics in trying to acquire members is just not right!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home