Monday, October 29, 2007

shopping == materialism?

Ok, I wouldn't go that far, but the article does bring up certain points about what is it that we really need in daily life? I hate to admit it, but I do agree with the author that TIME is what's wasted when we try to shop for the better deal or try to "save a little $" by price comparison..

remember, TIME == MONEY, but $$ can be earned and increased, but TIME is GONE forever!

So maybe I should free up my life by living a simpler lifestyle...



===========

Quotes from the article

Get off the spending treadmill

...

The benefit to your bottom line

The best part of not keeping up with the Joneses isn't just financial, Levine says. Although she did pay off almost $8,000 in credit card debt, she felt that the main gain she experienced was in her personal life.

"One thing about not buying stuff is that you end up with a lot of time," she says, pointing out that even shopping online is a time drain. "Once you have more hours on your hands -- you can give more time to people," she says.

Ducking out of consumer life also gave her a much-needed sense of calm about money. "It gave me a sense of control and optimism about my financial future," she says. "I learned that by not spending so much money I wasn't sacrificing a full or happy life."

...
"You not only learn what you can live without but what you really want to spend your money on."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home