Snapple
I was driving to work for an early morning meeting (FYI: that's 9am!), and I saw a big yellow Snapple truck turning into our Menlo Park campus. Snapple was my favourite beverage when I entered college. That's when I left home, left my mom's home cooking, and had to manage to get fed on a combination of cafeteria and food truck food. I recall really liking the classic Lemon Tea and both the Kiwi-Strawberry and Mango-Madness flavored juices. I especially liked their cool commercial slogan: "Made from the Best Stuff on Earth®"!... I wonder why I haven't seen it advertised anywhere for a while now??
-- arrh, the good o' days, when I would reward myself after finishing a problem set or lab assignment with a delicious LaVerde's Orange muffin and a totally chilled glass bottled Snapple ... that right, GLASS bottled!! that must be another reason why I liked Snapples right away. after all, a Coka Cola is just so much better when drank out of a chilled shapely glass bottle!
-- arrh, the good o' days, when I would reward myself after finishing a problem set or lab assignment with a delicious LaVerde's Orange muffin and a totally chilled glass bottled Snapple ... that right, GLASS bottled!! that must be another reason why I liked Snapples right away. after all, a Coka Cola is just so much better when drank out of a chilled shapely glass bottle!





6 Comments:
Beer also supposedly tastes better out of a bottle than out of a can. Draught beer trumps both, however.
Actually I just remembered (and re-read) that Coke that is made outside the U.S. uses real cane sugar, as opposed to the processed high fructose corn syrup. And it seems that the large bottles are bottled outside the U.S. and then sold in the States ... hence bottled Coke tastes better.
"Made from the Best Stuff on Earth®" - even the engineer is not immune to marketing.
sonofmencius: get me some glass bottled Coke Cola next time we meet? =)
all bottling is done locally - it is way too expensive to ship full bottles long distance - you'll kill your margins.
is the product *really* made from the *best stuff* on Earth? it's up for debate what the "best stuff" is... is spiritual/mental matters included?? -- it's ALL marketing!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home