Wednesday, July 12, 2006

C'est la vie

I just heard some news through the grapevine about an old high school classmate of mine. (I will make the long story short to get to the point)

W. was a sweet girl back in HS, she sat next to me in AP American History. I heard that she got married, and recently delivered a baby. 3 months after the baby was born, the doctors find out that her child has some kind of birth defect, mentally. I was so shocked when I heard that, having known someone whose family went through a similiar situation, I can slightly comprehend the difficulty.

The problem put tremendous pressure on her marriage and career, she had to quit her job to take care of the baby full time, and luckily, her family is deeply pious so they have found comfort in the Lord. But my friend said that she's even afraid to call W., "because what should I say? it's just awkward"...

I felt terrible for W., because she seemed to have it all, career, family, now a new baby. But life is not always a straight road, it reminds me of a message I heard recently. That there will be suffering in life, not everything will unfold the way we planned it to be. We mortals don't have everything under our control. We need to be mentally prepared for the "uncertainties" and know that not to have a sense of "entitlement", because all the good things coming our way, they are not guaranteed.

Everything is indeed in God's hand, what we can do is learn to appreciate every day that He has given us, and live our lives counting his blessings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home