Amazing Transformation!
I have to admit, I watch "America's Next Top Model"! But I have to say, it's more for the drama than the show contents. It is interesting to get a glimpse of the behind-the-scene techniques and settings that produce all these glamorous shots on the ads. But it's really the display of personality that draws me more to this show.
I grew up listening to my mother telling me about this Chinese phrase "There is always a teacher amongst a group of 3 people." -- meaning, when we are in company, there is always something to be learned from others, whether it be positive or negative attitudes, so that we can improve our own social behaviour.
Watching all these reality shows on TV, "Apprentice", "Amazning Race", "the Bachelor", "America's Next Top Model" ... The editors always condense the daily lives of these people into dramatic settings, extreme happiness and conflicts. I know that these does not represent our every day life, in the real world, people are much more toned down, and extremely embarrassing situations hardly occur after HS. However, the educational value of these shows to me is in the dramatization of each individual characters, so that I can learn to read people as well as observe what are the more appropriate/graceful behaviour in situations.
====
Now we come to the transformation part, a few weeks ago, a friend posted this Dove short film. It ties in pretty well with the "ANTM" show in my opinion. It's about the amazing transformation of a regular girl to an amazing image, but is beauty only skin deep? what do we think of these girls when we watch and observe through the lense of the cameramen who follows them around everyday?
I grew up listening to my mother telling me about this Chinese phrase "There is always a teacher amongst a group of 3 people." -- meaning, when we are in company, there is always something to be learned from others, whether it be positive or negative attitudes, so that we can improve our own social behaviour.
Watching all these reality shows on TV, "Apprentice", "Amazning Race", "the Bachelor", "America's Next Top Model" ... The editors always condense the daily lives of these people into dramatic settings, extreme happiness and conflicts. I know that these does not represent our every day life, in the real world, people are much more toned down, and extremely embarrassing situations hardly occur after HS. However, the educational value of these shows to me is in the dramatization of each individual characters, so that I can learn to read people as well as observe what are the more appropriate/graceful behaviour in situations.
====
Now we come to the transformation part, a few weeks ago, a friend posted this Dove short film. It ties in pretty well with the "ANTM" show in my opinion. It's about the amazing transformation of a regular girl to an amazing image, but is beauty only skin deep? what do we think of these girls when we watch and observe through the lense of the cameramen who follows them around everyday?





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home