Sunday, March 18, 2007

Indie music

Vienna Teng:

listen to her song clips here: http://viennateng.com/listen/
wikipedia info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vienna_Teng

This coming Saturday, I will be volunteering for the 17th annual MonteJade conference. Luckily, I was told that I will not be doing registration as usual, but instead I get to help out Vienna Teng with her CD booth and setup! That's awesome, because I have met her years ago right when she started her musical career, and it's amazing to see that she's already put out 3 albums and her popularity on Amazon is amazing.

Apparently, she's from Saratoga, and is family friends with a friend of mine who grew up there. Learning a bit more about her background, all one can say is that she's talented and lucky. After all, not everyone has the luxury of parents who can take the financial worries off their shoulder, thus not every talented artist has the opportunity or the means to pursue their dreams...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home