Camel Humps
So when you picture a camel in your head, do you see it with 1 or 2 hump(s)?
I have always been fascinated by pictures of camel caravans traveling across the dessert scenes.
So when I had the personal encounters with these gentle creatures in Mongolia and Morocco, I couldn't resist the temptation to try to ride on their backs.
Now here is the question: 1 or 2 humped camels?
My instinct is to sit on a 2 humped camel, toss a carpet between, and you have a natural saddle to ride upon. Ever since I rode a 2 humped camel in Mongolia in 2005, I have always wondered *exact* HOW does one ride on a one humped Arabian camel?
well, my curiosity is finally satisfied when I ventured into Morocco in the continent of Africa this Nov-Dec, 2007. I finally got to ride a bare-back (unsaddled) Arabian camel with a single hump! One simply gets on behind the hump, and hold onto it. It doesn't make sense to try to sit in front of it because then what would you hold onto? [[SLIDE all the way down and break the poor animal's neck =( ]] Normally there is a special saddle that covers the top of the single hump and that's where a rider can sit more comfortably...
there you go now, you can see the two types of camels pictured below!





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home