2006 CSI quote
I found this while cleaning up my Inbox, thought I'd post it here for your amusement..
==============
Grissom: a brown hair, with a follicular tag... a person's entire
identity, balled up in a few nanograms of matter.
Assistant: Assuming one's identity can be wholely qualified by our DNA.
Grissom: Oh, genetically it can. we are completely programmed as soon
as the sperm hits the egg.
Assitant: so we are defined at a cellular level?
Grissom: more or less.
Assistant: no, identity is the totality of our life experiences, how
our brain neurons process, how our relationship to the world and each
other.
Grissom: I stand corrected. DNA is what we are, not who we are.
Assistant: What we are never changes, who we are never stops changing.
Grissom: Yeah, whether we like it or not..
==============
Grissom: a brown hair, with a follicular tag... a person's entire
identity, balled up in a few nanograms of matter.
Assistant: Assuming one's identity can be wholely qualified by our DNA.
Grissom: Oh, genetically it can. we are completely programmed as soon
as the sperm hits the egg.
Assitant: so we are defined at a cellular level?
Grissom: more or less.
Assistant: no, identity is the totality of our life experiences, how
our brain neurons process, how our relationship to the world and each
other.
Grissom: I stand corrected. DNA is what we are, not who we are.
Assistant: What we are never changes, who we are never stops changing.
Grissom: Yeah, whether we like it or not..





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home