What a long weekend!
The much anticipated MLK long weekend is finally over, I wanted to make a statement about just how pathetically poor my time management had been.
Basically, I missed a friend's bday dinner, ignored a friend from out of town, missed quite a few phone calls, rushed away from online chats, and postponed a dinner arrangement, all for what? Well, here is what I did over the long weekend:
I went to the International Rubik's competition in SF and acquired a few new puzzles; I played 3 games of Sudoku, 1.5 games of chess, a game of Ticket to Ride, a game of Bohnanza, a game of Scrabble, a game of Settlers of Catan, a few virtual games online, scrambled more than a few 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, and Magic Rubik puzzles, plus "whacked" 100+ golf balls at a driving range ....
gee, talk about a funfilled weekend, still sleep deprived, didn't catch up on project progress, still haven't collected my finished laundry, and didn't cook much for healthy eating... =(
sigh, I think I need to recheck priorities, balance work/home/play life, and most importantly, focus on people/relationships instead of just having fun. In fact, more efficient time management is a big resolution for this year! Friends, please help me achieve to become a more responsible/functional adult!
BTW, I can tell you for certainty what makes me "happy". I think I am pretty easily satisfied, given that
Basically, I missed a friend's bday dinner, ignored a friend from out of town, missed quite a few phone calls, rushed away from online chats, and postponed a dinner arrangement, all for what? Well, here is what I did over the long weekend:
I went to the International Rubik's competition in SF and acquired a few new puzzles; I played 3 games of Sudoku, 1.5 games of chess, a game of Ticket to Ride, a game of Bohnanza, a game of Scrabble, a game of Settlers of Catan, a few virtual games online, scrambled more than a few 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, and Magic Rubik puzzles, plus "whacked" 100+ golf balls at a driving range ....
gee, talk about a funfilled weekend, still sleep deprived, didn't catch up on project progress, still haven't collected my finished laundry, and didn't cook much for healthy eating... =(
sigh, I think I need to recheck priorities, balance work/home/play life, and most importantly, focus on people/relationships instead of just having fun. In fact, more efficient time management is a big resolution for this year! Friends, please help me achieve to become a more responsible/functional adult!
BTW, I can tell you for certainty what makes me "happy". I think I am pretty easily satisfied, given that
- I am well fed, a steamy hot bowl of noodle soup puts a big smile on my face;
- play a strategy game with me, or toss me a few mind puzzles, I can be self entertained for hours with no fuss;
- I can be set as an example for how endorphine released during physical exercise makes one dizzily happy.





2 Comments:
i prefer to play mind games with people.
which is exactly what you are doing right now... (dangerous)
Post a Comment
<< Home