Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Fear of Driving

I think in recent years, my fear of driving has been seeping into my subconsciousness. This is evident in the nightmare I had early this morning.

So I was due for a traffic court arraignment at 9am today. This must be what triggered the dream machine at the wee hours. In addition, I also went on a few exciting roller coaster rides at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk.

I recall driving over the newly paved smooth 85 to 101 interchange bridge, I used to have a fear for the arm that extended on the carpool lane section, because it's a single lane bridge. But in my dream, this section is nice and wide and smooth.

However, when I was heading up to SF, I recall coming to the intersection of highways that crisscross and is lifted so HIGH up, I felt that I had to gas my little Civic all the way to the floor in order to make the climb for a continued time period. The angle is so steep that I visualized the road climb up and up just like on a roller coaster type of feel. Just when I was wondering if the little horse-power on my car is going to make it, the higher sections of the bridge start to fall apart!! I see pieces start dropping from the mid-section far away, progressive pieces drop and the gap comes closer and closer to me (probably recalling images from the 9/11 WTC incident, as well as the recent news of a pieces of the Big Dig in Boston falling down).

I remember thinking logically, oh, no, there is no way for me to avoid this fall! --> then I woke up. sigh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home