Friendship
Last night, during a brief discussion with some friends, the topic of "what friends do for each other" came up. Here are my thoughts on this:
Friends are there to provide support, in various forms, to each other. Whether it be an act of service in the physical sense, or buying gifts, or emotional and mental support. I value the intangible aspects of the friendship especially, since material goods and services can be acquired in various other forms, what's irreplacable are the matters of the heart. A kind word spoken at the right moment, a good advise when needed, a shoulder to cry/lean upon, a warm hug, a praise of affirmation, or even a constructive criticism ... honesty, kindness, caring ... those are some of the intangibles we derive from "real friendships". There are no shortage of people that we can meet up for a casual luncheon on any given weekend, but there are "Oh so few" #s I want to dial at times when I am in need... And those *real* friendships are the ones I value and cherish, and is willing to further invest and develop.
"That's what friends are for" is the song we all sang at my high school graduation years ago, I posted the lyrics below:
Friends are there to provide support, in various forms, to each other. Whether it be an act of service in the physical sense, or buying gifts, or emotional and mental support. I value the intangible aspects of the friendship especially, since material goods and services can be acquired in various other forms, what's irreplacable are the matters of the heart. A kind word spoken at the right moment, a good advise when needed, a shoulder to cry/lean upon, a warm hug, a praise of affirmation, or even a constructive criticism ... honesty, kindness, caring ... those are some of the intangibles we derive from "real friendships". There are no shortage of people that we can meet up for a casual luncheon on any given weekend, but there are "Oh so few" #s I want to dial at times when I am in need... And those *real* friendships are the ones I value and cherish, and is willing to further invest and develop.
"That's what friends are for" is the song we all sang at my high school graduation years ago, I posted the lyrics below:
Song: That's What Friends Are For Lyrics
Verse 1
And I
Never thought I'd feel this way
And as far as I'm concerned I'm glad I got the chance to say
That I do believe I love you
And if I should ever go away
Well then close your eyes and try to feel the way we do today
And than if you can't remember.....
Chorus
Keep smilin'
Keep shinin'
Knowin' you can always count on me
for sure
that's what friends are for
In good times
And bad times
I'll be on your side forever more
That's what friends are for
Verse 2
Well you came and open me
And now there's so much more I see
And so by the way I thank you....
Ohhh and then
For the times when we're apart
Well just close your eyes and know
These words are comming from my heart
And then if you can't remember....Ohhhhh
Verse 1
And I
Never thought I'd feel this way
And as far as I'm concerned I'm glad I got the chance to say
That I do believe I love you
And if I should ever go away
Well then close your eyes and try to feel the way we do today
And than if you can't remember.....
Chorus
Keep smilin'
Keep shinin'
Knowin' you can always count on me
for sure
that's what friends are for
In good times
And bad times
I'll be on your side forever more
That's what friends are for
Verse 2
Well you came and open me
And now there's so much more I see
And so by the way I thank you....
Ohhh and then
For the times when we're apart
Well just close your eyes and know
These words are comming from my heart
And then if you can't remember....Ohhhhh





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home