dreams
I took a mid-day nap yesterday, maybe because it's a nap instead of a long overnight sleep, I woke up from a very vivid dream.
I had dreamt that I was in a cave/tunnel when a flooding happened, how I narrowly escaped to the outside, then finding myself floating using a piece of ply wood as a float board.
Not too long ago I just visited the California caverns near the foothills of Sierra Nevada mountains, where one of the rooms ("Jungle room") was inaccessible because the pathway leading to it was flooded, so we had to back out of the cave. And I also just volunteered at Habitat for Humanity, where we were taught to use a nail-gun to attach ply-wood boards to beams. It's interesting that during 9.00 at the institute, we talked about how the brain incorporates the daily happenings in your life into your dream. Thus it's not entirely fiction that detectives solve murder cases and scientists work out solutions in their dreams. I guess this is just an example of your sub-conscious working in relation to the conscious mind.
On the other hand, let's say that one had a life and death experience in their dream, or learned a life lesson in their dream, does that translate to real life experience that leads to mental maturity? One can argue that experiences are perceptions of the mind, so virtual/real ones should generate similar (if not to exactly the same depth) maturity pattern. However, let's say your dream involves a friend,a family member, or a loved one, then what if the shared experience lead one side to mental growth, then what about the other parties (virtually) involved? they obviously will not share the similarity since they didn't go through the experience in the first place....
um.... food for thought, (good point, time for lunch!)
I had dreamt that I was in a cave/tunnel when a flooding happened, how I narrowly escaped to the outside, then finding myself floating using a piece of ply wood as a float board.
Not too long ago I just visited the California caverns near the foothills of Sierra Nevada mountains, where one of the rooms ("Jungle room") was inaccessible because the pathway leading to it was flooded, so we had to back out of the cave. And I also just volunteered at Habitat for Humanity, where we were taught to use a nail-gun to attach ply-wood boards to beams. It's interesting that during 9.00 at the institute, we talked about how the brain incorporates the daily happenings in your life into your dream. Thus it's not entirely fiction that detectives solve murder cases and scientists work out solutions in their dreams. I guess this is just an example of your sub-conscious working in relation to the conscious mind.
On the other hand, let's say that one had a life and death experience in their dream, or learned a life lesson in their dream, does that translate to real life experience that leads to mental maturity? One can argue that experiences are perceptions of the mind, so virtual/real ones should generate similar (if not to exactly the same depth) maturity pattern. However, let's say your dream involves a friend,a family member, or a loved one, then what if the shared experience lead one side to mental growth, then what about the other parties (virtually) involved? they obviously will not share the similarity since they didn't go through the experience in the first place....
um.... food for thought, (good point, time for lunch!)





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home