Monday, April 02, 2007

new owner @ Pho Q

I was semi-addicted on the Pho Quyen piping hot rice noodles lately.. that is, until I went there last night to get a dose of my "cold medicine". (Yes, I have been sick pretty much the whole weekend).

I am usually greeted by this really friendly short Vietnamese lady who smiles a lot. But last night I went there and noticed ALL new faces. After some inquiry, it turns out that there was a change of ownership as of 4/1/2007.

I frequent this place because it's proximity, and I hope that the new management will keep up the good works. A few suggestions on Pho in general:

- keep the price low, after all, that's one of the main draws of Pho
- keep the basil and bean sprouts fresh and crisp! (last night I got a dose of soggy stringy sprouts.. Umm..)
- keep the noodle soup piping hot! you need the high temperature to cook the rare meat in the noodle, as well as the kill all the germs on the fresh vegetables thrown in the soup.

so I guess their transition was noticed by me... I wish the new owners the best going forward, because it sounds like the whole family had been waiting for years to own a place like this.. =) have a prosperous year and keep this a great place that I'd want to come back to over and over!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home