WC1 3/4
Instead of cake this week, I made some yummy and great looking cupcakes.
I bumped into a friend yesterday at the Shoreline lake park, his mom's visiting from out of town. How appropriate to treat her to some of my baked goods? I decided to frost some pink, some white, and also use lavender for decoration.
The cupcakes turned out into volcanoes when the center dome rose way high up. I had to shave some of the domes off and popped them into my mouth as I was doing this. Hmm.. yummy rainbow flavoured cupcakes!
For decorations, I smoothed the icing on top of the now flat cupcakes. Then I made some star borders, shell borders (always need more practice for those), and 2D drop flowers! I love those, they are so easy to make and looks beautiful, also big enough so not many are needed to cover a cupcake top. The rose turned out alright but with crackling edges due to the stiff icing. My pride and joy are the clowns I made. Another friend ate one of them in the evening [I also tried some of those Korean yogurt ice cream craze thingy]. But the other one unfortunately melted while sitting in my car the second day. But no fear, I will be making more next time! ^_^
I bumped into a friend yesterday at the Shoreline lake park, his mom's visiting from out of town. How appropriate to treat her to some of my baked goods? I decided to frost some pink, some white, and also use lavender for decoration.
The cupcakes turned out into volcanoes when the center dome rose way high up. I had to shave some of the domes off and popped them into my mouth as I was doing this. Hmm.. yummy rainbow flavoured cupcakes!
For decorations, I smoothed the icing on top of the now flat cupcakes. Then I made some star borders, shell borders (always need more practice for those), and 2D drop flowers! I love those, they are so easy to make and looks beautiful, also big enough so not many are needed to cover a cupcake top. The rose turned out alright but with crackling edges due to the stiff icing. My pride and joy are the clowns I made. Another friend ate one of them in the evening [I also tried some of those Korean yogurt ice cream craze thingy]. But the other one unfortunately melted while sitting in my car the second day. But no fear, I will be making more next time! ^_^
Labels: WC





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home