Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Seinfeld Muffin Top episode

Woman: I can't believe somebody pulled the top off of this muffin.

Elaine: That was me. I'm sorry. I don't like the stumps.

Mr Lippman: So you just eat the tops.

Elaine: Oh yeah. It's the best part. It's crunchy, it's explosive,
it's where the muffin breaks free of the pan and sort of (makes hand
motions) does it's own thing. I'll tell you. That's a million dollor
idea right there. Just sell the tops.
---
Elaine walks into a muffin shop.

Elaine: "Top of the Muffin to you!"?

Mr. Lippman: Top of the muffin to you. Elaine!

Elaine: Mr Lippman?

---
Elaine at the muffin shop.

Elaine: This was my idea you stole my idea.

Mr. Lippman: Elaine these ideas are all in the air. They're in the air.

Elaine: Well if that air is comming out of this face then it is my air
and my idea.

Mr. Lippman: You want a muffin or not?

Elaine: Peach.
---
Elaine and Mr. Lippman at Monk's.

Mr. Lippman: Elaine. I'm in over my head. Nobody likes my muffin tops.

Elaine: So? What do you want me to do about it?

Mr. Lippman: You're the muffin top expert, tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Elaine: Mr. Lippman, when I worked for you at Pendent Publishing, I
believed in you, you know as a man of integrity. But, I saw you in
that paper hat and that aprin...

Mr. Lippman: What if I cut you in for 30% of the profits?

Elaine: Deal. Here's your problem. You're making just the muffin tops.
You've gotta make the *whole* muffin. Then you... Pop the top, toss
the stump. Taste.

Mr. Lippman: Ah. (takes a bite of the top.) Mmmmm. Ah hah?

Elaine: Yeah.

Mr. Lippman: So what do we with the bottoms?

Elaine: I don't know, give em to a soup kitchen.

Mr. Lippman: That's a good idea.

Elaine: And one more thing, you really think we need the exclamation
point? Because, it's not "Top of the Muffin *TO YOU!!!*"

Mr. Lippman: No. No. It is.
---
Elain at the muffin shop.

Elaine: Wow. Look at this. We're cleaning up.

Lippman Oh, Rubin, get me another tray of lowfat cranberry.

Rebecca: Excuse me, I'm Rebecca Demore from the homeless shelter.

Elaine: Oh, hi.

Rebecca: Are you the ones leaveing the muffing pieces behind our shelter?

Elaine: You been enjoying them?

Rebecca: They're just stumps.

Elaine: Well they're perfectly edible.

Rebecca: Oh, so you just assume that the homeless will eat them,
they'll eat anything?

Mr. Lippman: No no, we just thought...

Rebecca: I know what you thought. They don't have homes, they don't
have jobs, what do they need the top of a muffin for? They're lucky to
get the stumps.

Elaine: If the homeless don't like them the homeless don't have to eat them.

Rebecca: The homeless don't like them.

Elaine: Fine.

Rebecca: We've never gotten so many complaints. Every two minutes,
"Where is the top of this muffin? Who ate the rest of this?"

Elaine: We were just trying to help.

Rebecca: Why don't you just drop off some chicken skins and lobster shells.

Elaine: I think I might.
---
Elaine enters

Jerry: Hey, how's business?

Elaine: Ooh, I've got stump troubles. The Sanitation Department won't
get rid of them all, I can't get a truck to haul this stuff until next
week. Meanwhile, I'm sitting on a mountain of stumps.

Kramer: All right, I've got to hose the puke off the floor of the bus.

Elaine: Bus? Wait a minute, wait a minute, bus? You've got a bus?

Kramer: Yeah.

Elaine: You got any room on that thing?

Kramer: Yeah there are a few seats still available.

Elaine: Do you think you could transport some stumps for me? I'll make
it worth your while.

Kramer: Well, if they don't mind sitting in the back.

Elaine: No they don't.

Kramer: Are they war veterans?

Elaine looks at him confused.
---
At the muffin shop.

Mr. Lippman: What is this guy again?

Elaine: They call him a Cleaner. He makes problems go away.

Newman enters.

Newman: Hello Elaine. Where are they?

Elaine: In the back.

Newman: All right, I'm going to need a clean 8 ounce glass.

Mr. Lippman: What is going on here?

Newman: If I'm curt, then I appologize. But as I understand it, we
have a situation here and time is of the essence.

Newman goes to the back room with the muffin stumps and sets down a
cooler and an empty glass. From the cooler he takes out 4 bottles of
milk and sets them down.

He bites into a stump, then takes a drink of milk from the glass.
(continuity error: he never actually poured the glass of milk.) He
swishes the muffin and the milk together and swollows. He takes
another stump.
--- THE END ---

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home