Friday, January 20, 2006

balloons, O balloons!

I lived in New Mexico for almost 2 years at some point in my life, and a few events stood out in my memory of that eerily beautiful land. One of them is waking up at 4am in the morning, hop in a van with my Japanese friend's family and go "balloon chasing". The most interesting thing are those irregular shaped balloons, I think my favourite one was a black witch riding on a broom stick! (how appropriate! =) This International Balloon Fiesta event was really quite appealing to me, I've always had a fascination with anything that flies (plus the romancism). Maybe I will put together a trip to go this year, anyone ever travelled by RV?

http://www.balloonfiesta.com/
schedule: http://www.rainbowryders.com/fiestaschedule.html

3 Comments:

Blogger sujenone said...

when did you live in new mexico? another part of you that i did not know! :)

Saturday, January 21, 2006 4:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

new mexico is where the aliens first landed.

Sunday, January 22, 2006 3:53:00 PM  
Blogger Pooh Bear said...

yes, Albequeque NM is where I first settled in the US, although technically SFO is where the first landing occured. ;)

Monday, January 23, 2006 3:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home