braces hurt!
hi all, I just got my braces on this past Wednesday morning, thus starting a 2 year treatment plan again. I did this completely by choice, and for cosmetic reasons after all. My teeth were not too crooked, they have the standard Asian moderate crowdign effect, but being the perfectionist that I am, I just want them to be completely aligned straight.
By choice or not, the pain is more than I expected, (or remembered from when I was 8 years old). Worst thing is, I didn't expect this inconvenience, and thus didn't go to "Crazy Buffet" down on El Camino for my last farewell meal!! Now I feel that my mouth is "wired shut", pretty literally, and I can't eat any solid food for weeks!! This is completely torture for someone who cherishes food and sleep as two of the priorities in life.
---
I woke up in the middle of the night.. ~4:30am because my stomach is growling...
so I go over the to the fridge, Umm.. what should I have? Kalbi (Korean BBQ beef ribs)? Tonkatsu (Japanese fried pork chops)? Unagi (roasted eel)? steamed corn? Buffalo wings? .... NONE OF THEM!! cuz I CAN't have any!!!! (I must be so hungry that I ended up dreaming about all these foods.. should have remembered to go to "crazy buffet" for dinner before I got the braces!!!)
anyways, I ended up succumb to the temptation and ate a slice of the Japanese soft steamed cheese cake, and also a soy yogurt thingy I got from Costco (spent over $70 there today... LOTS of toilet papers =)
Thank goodness that I can still be satisfied in my addiction to the yummy Japanese steamed cheese cakes!! The steamed cheese cake is about $1 - $1.29 a piece from Ranch 99 (the CA/TX/west coast Chinese supermarket chain), and I started googl-ing about it, wonder if I can get the recipe then I can make LOTS and LOTS w/ very little amt of $$, ^_^ (recipe online and am going to give it a try... pretty complicated though)...
while surfing, I came across this (apparently) white guy's webpage detailing his experience w/ Asian food, thought you might enjoy this blog --- you can even see the picture containing the cheese cake package... Notice how *cheap* the pearl tea prices are in TX!!
--gobble gobble ... chomp chomp..- bear (Urh.. only in my dreams now)
=== also see my friend's suggestions on other yummy Asian desserts:
By choice or not, the pain is more than I expected, (or remembered from when I was 8 years old). Worst thing is, I didn't expect this inconvenience, and thus didn't go to "Crazy Buffet" down on El Camino for my last farewell meal!! Now I feel that my mouth is "wired shut", pretty literally, and I can't eat any solid food for weeks!! This is completely torture for someone who cherishes food and sleep as two of the priorities in life.
---
I woke up in the middle of the night.. ~4:30am because my stomach is growling...
so I go over the to the fridge, Umm.. what should I have? Kalbi (Korean BBQ beef ribs)? Tonkatsu (Japanese fried pork chops)? Unagi (roasted eel)? steamed corn? Buffalo wings? .... NONE OF THEM!! cuz I CAN't have any!!!! (I must be so hungry that I ended up dreaming about all these foods.. should have remembered to go to "crazy buffet" for dinner before I got the braces!!!)
anyways, I ended up succumb to the temptation and ate a slice of the Japanese soft steamed cheese cake, and also a soy yogurt thingy I got from Costco (spent over $70 there today... LOTS of toilet papers =)
Thank goodness that I can still be satisfied in my addiction to the yummy Japanese steamed cheese cakes!! The steamed cheese cake is about $1 - $1.29 a piece from Ranch 99 (the CA/TX/west coast Chinese supermarket chain), and I started googl-ing about it, wonder if I can get the recipe then I can make LOTS and LOTS w/ very little amt of $$, ^_^ (recipe online and am going to give it a try... pretty complicated though)...
while surfing, I came across this (apparently) white guy's webpage detailing his experience w/ Asian food, thought you might enjoy this blog --- you can even see the picture containing the cheese cake package... Notice how *cheap* the pearl tea prices are in TX!!
--gobble gobble ... chomp chomp..- bear (Urh.. only in my dreams now)
=== also see my friend's suggestions on other yummy Asian desserts:
Hey W,
I don't know the recipe, but it looks like a doriaki made of cheese or something. The japanese like pancake-like buns filled with red bean and other sweet fillings. Try these links even though it's not the same thing that you're looking for:
The other popular one is tako manju, which looks like little drums connected to each other with yummy fillings. I'm hooked on Beard Papa cream puffs, which just opened near Yerba Buena. You gotta try them. Steve will vouch for how good they are!
Take it EZ,
siLE-Pai





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home