Friday, August 11, 2006

If

I recently came across a little square book called "If, Questions for the Soul", it's so intriguing that I want to read the original "If, Questions for the Game of Life" book. (Ok, at this point I think the "If Questions for the Soul" is the best one in my opinion!) I want to share a well written comment left by one of the readers below:
"If" is a book of life questions, much like the "The Book of Questions" that came out in the 1980s. Except that "The Book of Questions" was longer, more trivial, and more redundant. "If . . ." is an interesting title choice. Of all the "Who? What? Where? Why? or When? standard questions, the authors choice "If" instead. "If" is more forward focused, exploring possibilities, variables, and self-chosen paths. The other "journalistic" questions are better suited to describe & explore characteristics of the past.

The process of investigating if you have good enough answers for the book's "If" questions, good enough to satisfy yourself, is an interesting exercise.

I bought the book to stimulate my internal dialogue & hopefully find new questions to focus some of my attention on. As I began to answer the questions, I realized an important, secondary reason to recommend the book to others: If you have small children, and would like them to know what you thought about important life questions, in the unfortunate event that you die before they grow up, then writing down thoughtful answers to these questions may be a valuable, enabling resource for your children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home