Monday, March 31, 2003

I was browsing through my bookshelf today, too tired to delve into any technical books, I picked up Marvin Minsky's Society of Mind from 6.868(? I am losing my # system here). This is by far one of the more interesting and profound books I've come across while at college. I recall the days when I was taking that grad. class, just (physically) toss the book and read the 2 short essays on the randomly opened page. No wonder Prof. Minsky is a pioneer in the AI field, given the depth of his thought/philosophy on humanity expressed in the book. Ever since college, I am constantly at struggle within myself. Today, I just read an essay in the "self" section about inner struggles. Why? How can one be at disagreement within one's own entity? We as human beings, fragile and meek as we are, probably are one of the most (emotionally) complicated living creatures ever existed (made by God)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home