Muffin Tops...
I know this is a bit random, but did I ever mention that I prefer the top part of muffins? In fact, I favor the edges because they are a little crispy, then the top because they have that nice glaze and shine to it.
So one day as I was enjoying my muffin at a friend's apt, they mentioned to me that there was actually a Seinfeld episode about Elaine opening up a muffin top bakery! So I watched this episode on my Tivo recording this month, and Elaine explained the muffin top so well, I want to quote the script here:
"Oh yeah. It's the best part. It's crunchy, it's explosive, it's where the muffin breaks free of the pan and sort of does it's own thing."
--
Back when I was at MIT, my special treat after late night studies or tedious problem sets is an Orange muffin from LaVerde's at the student center W20. I still remember the fragrant aroma, the appealing orange-red color, and the adorable shape with a HUGE cap...
So when I went back for a leadership conference this past weekend, I went straight to LaVerde's for it. WHAT?! I was disappointed to find that they had every other types of muffins on the rack, only the Orange muffin tray was *empty*!! =(
So one day as I was enjoying my muffin at a friend's apt, they mentioned to me that there was actually a Seinfeld episode about Elaine opening up a muffin top bakery! So I watched this episode on my Tivo recording this month, and Elaine explained the muffin top so well, I want to quote the script here:
"Oh yeah. It's the best part. It's crunchy, it's explosive, it's where the muffin breaks free of the pan and sort of does it's own thing."
--
Back when I was at MIT, my special treat after late night studies or tedious problem sets is an Orange muffin from LaVerde's at the student center W20. I still remember the fragrant aroma, the appealing orange-red color, and the adorable shape with a HUGE cap...
So when I went back for a leadership conference this past weekend, I went straight to LaVerde's for it. WHAT?! I was disappointed to find that they had every other types of muffins on the rack, only the Orange muffin tray was *empty*!! =(





2 Comments:
definitely, the top of the muffin is the best part. esp at Fresh Choice, their bran-blueberry muffins are great on the tops.
FreshChoice, huh? I will have to remember that next time I go, usually I am so stuffed from the salad/soup/pasta + ice cream that I didn't notice they had great muffins...
but call it nostalgic or whatever, I still think nothing beats the Orange muffin they sell at LaVerde's at MIT.. (now you are making me hungary =)
Post a Comment
<< Home