Artistic Photographers
I've always admired those artists who have the "mind's eye" for landscape photography. They are able to capture the serenity and beauty. I also favor B/W photography, maybe it had to do with my upbringing around Chinese style painting at an early age. I think there is a surrealistic quality to a B/W print, the lack of color distraction and the strong contrast brings out the main theme better and sets the scene in a melancholy mood. Here is a list of photographers whose work I find fascinating:
- Ansel Adams - my fav. photographer since college days (I used to have Prints-Plus posters all over my dorm wall)
- Peter Lik - Australian landscape photographer (I stumbled upon his gallery in SF's Pier 39 a few years ago, and have fallen for his use of vibrant colors, even though I am usually a Sepia/B/W kind of person)
- Patrick di Fruscia - emerging Canadian artist, he has the gift from God.
- Even though I usually am not really into portraits, this is a captiviating image; this amazing white-on-white high-key portrait shot is even more captivating!
- I am so amazed that I found the photographer (Phil Greenspun) as well as the series of works on the Alaska bears that I've grown so fond of in recent years. I had seen posters of this picture in the lab downstairs, and have always wondered where it came from!
This is a site founded by Dr. Philip Greenspun, and I visit often for viewing excellent works: http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo-of-the-week/
- Ansel Adams - my fav. photographer since college days (I used to have Prints-Plus posters all over my dorm wall)
- Peter Lik - Australian landscape photographer (I stumbled upon his gallery in SF's Pier 39 a few years ago, and have fallen for his use of vibrant colors, even though I am usually a Sepia/B/W kind of person)
- Patrick di Fruscia - emerging Canadian artist, he has the gift from God.
- Even though I usually am not really into portraits, this is a captiviating image; this amazing white-on-white high-key portrait shot is even more captivating!
- I am so amazed that I found the photographer (Phil Greenspun) as well as the series of works on the Alaska bears that I've grown so fond of in recent years. I had seen posters of this picture in the lab downstairs, and have always wondered where it came from!
This is a site founded by Dr. Philip Greenspun, and I visit often for viewing excellent works: http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo-of-the-week/
Please feel free to email/comment and discuss your favorite artists/works, I always enjoy looking at stunning photographs!





1 Comments:
check out stumbleupon
http://www.stumbleupon.com/
they help you find links others think are cool, you can be entertained more by the collective.
Post a Comment
<< Home