"Cry In My Heart"
There's a cry in my heart
For Your glory to fall
For Your presence to fill up my senses
There's a yearning again
A thirst for discipline
A hunger for things that are deeper
Could You take me beyond?
Could You carry me through?
If I open my heart?
Could I go there with You?
(For I've been here before
But I know there's still more
Oh, Lord, I need to know You)
For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?
You are my rock
You are my glory
You are the lifter
Of my head
Lifter of this head
For Your glory to fall
For Your presence to fill up my senses
There's a yearning again
A thirst for discipline
A hunger for things that are deeper
Could You take me beyond?
Could You carry me through?
If I open my heart?
Could I go there with You?
(For I've been here before
But I know there's still more
Oh, Lord, I need to know You)
For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?
You are my rock
You are my glory
You are the lifter
Of my head
Lifter of this head
This past month, my church preached on a 5 week topical series; the one that stood out the most for me is "Caring for all people". Ever since I came back from my summer missions trip, I feel that God has put this burden on my heart, telling me to open up and be more kind/caring toward others. It was during one of the follow-up studies that I realized I couldn't do this alone. No matter how much I want and am willing to change, certain things just don't come to me naturally. I just don't have that big of a heart for people outside of my immediate circle of family and friends. *Only* when I align myself with God's will, and keep my focus on Him, will I be able to receive the fullness of His grace and love, thus allowing myself to be a conduit for God's love to flow through me...
p.s. Many appologies to my non-Christian friends ignored over the summer, I didn't mean to be MIA for 3 months (you know who you are.. =). Call/Email/IM me and let's meet for lunch/dinner/weekend/hangout to catch up!
p.s. Many appologies to my non-Christian friends ignored over the summer, I didn't mean to be MIA for 3 months (you know who you are.. =). Call/Email/IM me and let's meet for lunch/dinner/weekend/hangout to catch up!
Labels: Christian





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home