Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Scars & Growing Pains

When we are born into this world, everyone's a little perfect creation from God. However, as time goes on, we start to collect marks on our body -- Scars. They sit there as witnesses to the reckless days in our lives. These are like little rememberences carved into our body, even through faded marks we can still see traces of the days past and the lives lived.

I can vividly recall the incidents relating to my acquisition of the few small scars on my body, there is an interesting story behind each one of them. Instead of resenting their imperfections, I actually think that they define me as who I am, that my body is individualized by bearing marks of the days of my past. That I have lived, interacted, and ultimately my life, though imperfect in a lot of ways, is not a blank sheet at the end of days.

There is another type of scar, emotional ones. Everyone has them big or small, more or less, and instead of hatred or regret, I think we should take a positive approach and consider them sourvenirs of lessons learnt in Life University!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home