Thursday, September 29, 2005

Visted Countries...

Found these wonderful "visited countries" and "visited states" sites recently and decided to map my own journey. (I am only counting the ones I've spent considerable amounts of time at... As for the states, oh well, I've done road trips through many of them but don't exactly remember the specifics =)

Plus here is the CIA maps of the world and Lonely Planet online guide, as well as m-w.com map. -- and check out these *neato* Google Hacks.





Some of the smallest countries and interesting facts:

Holy See (Vatican City): 0.44 sq km, about 0.7 times the size of The Mall in Washington, DC
Monaco: 1.95 sq km, about three times the size of The Mall in Washington, DC
Luxembourg: 2,586 sq km, slightly smaller than Rhode Island
Liechtenstein: 160 sq km, about 0.9 times the size of Washington, DC
Seychells: 455 sq km, 2.5 times the size of Washington, DC

And in case you don't know US geography too well, here are some interesting facts about the US.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pooh Bear said...

the truth is that I have been to more enroute to those colored, but I was either too young to remember or they were just stop over, or in the case of states, just a drive through road-trip...

looking at that map, I realized that I haven't been to *that many* places yet...

well, I'll have the rest of my life time to explore and advanture to.

Thursday, September 29, 2005 12:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home