Friday, November 25, 2005

Happy Turkey Gobble day!

Last night, I had a wonderfully "proper" Thanksgiving meal. That was awesome because I really didn't plan out this holiday weekend, therefore, I am very appreciative that I had a place to go for the big meal. Honestly, I can't remember when was the last time I went home for ThanksGiving weekend.

Last Sunday at church, we also had our Thanksgiving lunch after the All-In service. I was very touched to hear people's testimonies on how they were thankful for God, families, spouse, and friends this past year. I was especially moved when I heard 2 brother's stories. The elder brother came up first and announced that he's thankful that God lead his entire family to come to church together for the first time in over 2 years. Then 10 minutes later, this young teenager came up to say his thanks, and of how he's so appreciative of his parents, how they have forgiven him even though he's been rebellious. Then he said this " .... I am sorry that I was hating them even this morning, for waking me up and getting me to go to church .... but I am now equally thankful like my brother, I want to thank God that he's brought our entire family here this morning to church in over 2 years!" WOW, that's some powerful real life testimony there, even the "toughest" amongst us has a tender spot deep down in their heart, and longs to be cared for!

I guess Thanksgiving is one of those holidays when you definitely do not want to be alone. You know how some people say "Oh, I don't want to make a big fuss for my bday." but you know, secretly everyone wants to be remembered on his/her special day. Along with BDays, ThxGiving, Xmas, and New Years are probably the worst time to be alone and without family and friends. I am appreciative that I spent this holiday with some new friends at my new small group, now I will have to plan for Xmas and New Year's breaks since I will be "homeless" again.

Arh, the holiday season is here, (sabishii ...)

3 Comments:

Blogger pekkle01 said...

I'm here ...

Sunday, November 27, 2005 9:09:00 PM  
Blogger kuri* said...

?????????????????????????

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 7:52:00 PM  
Blogger Pooh Bear said...

for some reason, I can't read the Japanese characters on the comments, but I do see it on my gmail notice... how do I fix that?

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 7:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home