red and white roses
comment 1 from the internet:
comment 2 from the internet:
Saw a classic movie Casablanca yesterday. Have to say, I am not a big fan. However, every time when Rick calls IIsa "kid", it deeply touches my heart. The kid, yeah, the kid..I can remember one quote from the movie "Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine".
I still believe all people have two great loves. Ingrid Bergman has two in the movie. I think every one including myself has/will have two great loves --- a simple one, and a complicated one; a dreaming one, and a real one; the one you can get, and the one you can't never reach. But the question is where has mine gone? Have I found any?
One name came to my mind, Eileen Chang (Zhang ai ling,張愛玲), a famous Chinese writer. Her works frequently deal with the tensions between men and women in love. One of my favorite her works is The Red Rose and the White Rose(紅玫瑰與白玫瑰). At the beginning of the book, she wrote:
In Zheng-bao's life, there are two women. He calls one his White Rose, one his Red Rose. One is a pristine wife. One is a passionate lover. Most people tend to separate "pristine" and "passionate" into two categories.
Perhaps there are two women like these in every man's life, at least two. Marry the Red Rose, as time goes by, the redness becomes a mosquito's blood smeared on the wall, the whiteness remains the bright moonbeam that shines in front of your bed. Marry the White Rose, the whiteness is a kernel of rice carelessly stuck to your shirt, but the redness becomes a scarlet birthmark burnt on your heart.
Labels: Chinese





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home