Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Ice Cream in a ball?!


Have you ever tried to make your own ice-cream? How about getting some exercise before eating them?

Well, now you can "have cake and eat it too" with one of these jewel toned Ice-cream balls. It takes a lot of "elbow grease" to make your personalized flavoured ice cream, but hey, it's well worth it!

Last weekend I brought this nifty novelty toy item, and couldn't wait to get the ingredient items from the supermarket. I ended up "shaking my booty" for a good 30+ minutes making a pint of less dense ice-cream/slushy. The trick is in the fat content of the cream you use:

cream fat content explanation and chart: http://www.dianasdesserts.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/bakingtips.Frostings/Frostings.cfm

I think the MegaBall is way too big and too heavy to be tossed around and played with, this is also not a toy for kids since you wouldn't want them to a). injure themselves or someone else while tossing it around. b). crack the plastic shell on this ball.

But for a "silly Poohbear" like me, it's perfect! in fact, after shaking it around for 10+ min. I got bored and got on a step exercise machine and did a whole body workout while watching Tivo. Well, all that exercise got wasted when I ate the ice-cream later though. ^_^`

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This things could really make you put on the pounds. The great things is you can use your own fresh ingredients and customize your richness content. Unfortunately it is very easy to tell whether you used milk or cream as the base, it won't taste like B&Js if you don't use heavy cream.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 9:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home