Dr. Phil Greenspun's site
I have met Dr. Phil Greenspun in person once while at MIT, and I have seen his early websites many years ago while I was still a student. Somehow the picture of him and his big fluffy white dog stuck in my mind, that's why I vaguely recognized the picture on photo.net this morning.
Being a travel enthusiast, I spent my lunch hour reading his journey with Samantha throughout North America. It amazes me that he's not like my other MIT professors, he definitely has a creative artist side to him outside of EECS. But I will leave you to judge that for yourself.
The recount of his journey started with the death of his companion dog, George. It's heart wrenching to read the first chapter and to experience the genuine feelings expressed throughout his writing. The readers are able to vividly relive his experience through the photos and writings in subsequent chapters. I have always envied people who are able to fully and accurately express their feelings through language or art (painting, photography, printed media, etc). I am thoroughly impressed by the combination of photography and story telling skills demonstrated here.
http://www.photo.net - check out the POW (Photo-Of-the-Week)
http://www.photo.net/samantha/index -- see his other travel photo journals under the "travel" section.
Being a travel enthusiast, I spent my lunch hour reading his journey with Samantha throughout North America. It amazes me that he's not like my other MIT professors, he definitely has a creative artist side to him outside of EECS. But I will leave you to judge that for yourself.
The recount of his journey started with the death of his companion dog, George. It's heart wrenching to read the first chapter and to experience the genuine feelings expressed throughout his writing. The readers are able to vividly relive his experience through the photos and writings in subsequent chapters. I have always envied people who are able to fully and accurately express their feelings through language or art (painting, photography, printed media, etc). I am thoroughly impressed by the combination of photography and story telling skills demonstrated here.
http://www.photo.net - check out the POW (Photo-Of-the-Week)
http://www.photo.net/samantha/index -- see his other travel photo journals under the "travel" section.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home